Friday, January 21, 2011

Snow and Easter

Well it snowed for most of the day Thursday and now the weatherman is forecasting more snow to come next week. The Farmer's Almanac predicted a snowstorm between Jan. 15-21 . They hit that on the nose, and here is what the Almanac is saying, Jan. 22-25 snow squalls and bitter cold and Jan. 26-31 snow showers and cold. The weatherman is saying, Arctic cold temps.with single digits for last nite and tonight. And yep he was right  about last nite, and so was the the Almanac. Wind chill below zero and more snow to come. We got 4.9"  of snow Thursday.

Well, as all that weather is going on, I've been making a few cards and even made one for Easter. Even though Easter is late this year I thought you'd like to see it and get into the Easter mode. Maybe this card will warm you up.(OK, OK, I am a couple of holidays ahead.)



Isn't that chick cute??? I even added a feather to his head to give him even more personality.Check out those eggs. They are glitter paper that I made myself. And it is so easy to do. You can make your own, get the color you want and save a whole lot of money, as glitter paper is about $3.00 per 12X12 sheet. And if you only need a small piece, you won't have to buy a big sheet just to get a little piece or not find the color you are in need of. If you want to learn how I make my glitter paper click here to see my tutorial.

That chick is in the new Easter set available at Sparkle N Sprinkle. He is in set #426. That set has a total of 10 stamps. To check out that set click here.

Well that's it for now, thanks for stopping by, see you soon and keep warm,

 

No comments: