Sunday, October 16, 2011

What a busy weekend

Hi everyone,
Well the weekend is just about over and it's been a busy one for me!!!

I have a few pictures to share with you.
First off, Friday and Saturday, I worked at the Creating Keepsakes Scrapbook Convention at the Duke Energy Convention Center  in downtown Cincinnati. I worked at the Stamplistic booth and demo'ed the new Hero Arts/Sizzix stamp and die sets and the Hero Arts/Sizzix stamp and embossing folder sets.  I also used the Metallic Cream Chalks by Pebbles to color the stamped images.I had never used these in the past (where  have I been), but let me tell you, I fell in love with those cream chalks. So easy to use and what beautiful colors in the palette. Wait til you see some of the cards I've made with this( new to me) product. The blendability of these cream chalks is great, and did I mention how pretty the end result is??  (LOL) Stamplistic also offered a  M&T  in the booth and that was manned by Mara, and you could make a fabulous medallion using Holly Berry stamps. Customers were given the option of making it into a pin. There was a steady stream of customers doing that. Jennifer, the owner of Stamplistic and my friend, was there to answer questions and ring up the purchases.




Here is where sat and demo'ed. I used the Vagabond and it is such a great tool. This was the first time I used it and found it so easy to use, and cut and embossed super. Customers were very fascinated with this little powerhouse of a tool.



Thought you'd like to see the display of the Medallions and those were a huge hit!!! Great examples of what you can do with those medallion stamps. These  also make fabulous Christmas ornaments.Lots of cutting but so worth the effort. And this picture really does not do these justice. They are 4-5 layers and so, so fabulous!!!





Here are 2 of the many cards that were on display.
Those 2 days were fun and I saw so many familiar faces. It was great to catch up with people I haven't seen for a long time.


OK, now its on to Sunday..........


I went to the last show of the season at the Burlington Antique Show. I usually always find something at this show. Today the weather was so warm and sunny. It was extremely windy though. That made for some booths having to run after stuff that was blowing off the tables. And the place was packed with vendors as well as customers.


 I loved this topiary, should have got it but passed it by.

 This was at the same booth. Too cool.




OK, I was on my way thru the last aisle and I saw this witch, on a bike. So, this became the last place I stopped. Everything in this booth was metal art. This witch is so great!!!

There were so many other pieces in this booth, it was late and they were packing up, but I just had to show you a few other pieces. Sorry the composition of the pics is so poor. I was tired and I was trying to get these before they got packed away.







This was the last show of the season. The next show will be in April 2012. That will be here in the blink of an eye, however, that means winter is quickly approaching. Arrrr........



Here are the treasures that I wound up toting home.Ribbon, wooden blocks, and some vintage papers. Be on the lookout for some of that ribbon appearing on some upcoming cards.


Hope you have a great week and I will see you soon,




4 comments:

wendyp said...

looks like a fabulous weekend!!!

Dee in N.H. said...

Awesome weekend! The samples from the show are gorgeous!

Shona Erlenborn said...

What a fun time you've had! And I have already commented on the Cream Chalk! I need to look into that. TFS.

Donna Ellis said...

Wonderful treasures you found! (covet the lace) - Barbara, the booth looks fabulous - so organized and easy to find things - the jumbo stamps are SO PRETTY, and I want some of those Hero Arts stamps and matching dies. She had some colorful and lovely samples on hand, didn't she? It's a shame you did not have a good week-end (ducking) LOL