Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Blog Hop coming

Hi Everyone
I hope that you all had a wonderful Christmas. I know I sure did.


Today I am cooking green beans and when they're done they will taste like down home green beans. I start out with a can Allen's Italian green beans and I use a big can. I put them a large pot and add 1 large quartered onion and a ham bone. (We eat a lot of ham and when we are done I freeze the ham bone and use it in soup or green beans.) I cook the green beans on the stove top about 7 hours. I start out getting the beans to boil, then turn the burner down pretty low, just barely bubbling and then put the lid on and let them  cook. I stir them once in a while and after 5-7 hours they are done. And they are so good. Most of the time I cook them at night. I will get them ready about 10p.m. and let them gently simmer all night while I sleep. They are done when I get up and boy are they yummy.

OK now I guess I have you hungry now, don't I. Well its almost dinner time.



Oh..... I just want to let you know I will be participating in a blog hop over at With an "i" For Paper this Thursday Dec 29. The theme will be A Year In Review. My post will spotlight 12 of my favorite cards from this past year. So stop back Thursday to see which cards I will be showing.

Tomorrow I will be posting a card from Art Impressions so I hope  you stop in for that as well.

That is it for right now

2 comments:

Karin said...

Sounds delish! So glad you will be participating in the hop and I can't wait to see the cards that you highlight :)

Dee in N.H. said...

Mmmmm! Those beans sound good!