Thursday, August 9, 2012

Butterflies and Opportunities

Hi Everyone,
Well I think I have recovered from Stampaway. And I am  getting back in the swing of things so I thought I'd share with you a messed up piece that turned out OK.

At Stampaway I taught a class using the microfine glitter and I really love this stuff. In my stash, I've got some double stick leaf stickers by Hot Off The Press and I was playing around with these to see how well  I was going to like them. Well as it turns out, I am not wild about them. There is no easy way to change colors of glitter as there is with regular outline stickers. OK, so I am trying to get this to work and as I pull the image from the release paper I see that I am leaving pieces behind and there is no way to rectify that. So I do the best I can do and decide to go ahead and glitter this up anyway.BTW,  I was working with a butterfly. I decided to glitter it up green, ( I seem to be stuck on green lately). So here is a butterfly with green glitter all over except on one wing.


 Since I had transferred the sticker onto white cs, there was a bit of the white cs showing on that wing. Next in just playing around, I colored the white areas with a YR65 Copic marker, kind of an orange color.Now, what was I going to do with this butterfly. Well the butterfly wing looks kind of altered so I got out paints and Inka Gold and stencils and made an altered background. Mounted the butterfly and added a leaf and stamped a sentiment and it's ready to send out.




This card will be going out to the president of Glue Arts to thank him for the fabulous package of products he sent me after I ran into him at CHA. Thank you so much, Jim.

This card looks better in person than the picture shows.

OK, so the moral of this story is this,  there are no mistakes, just opportunities!!! LOL

Products used:
Adhesive - Glue Glider Pro ExtremeTac - Glue Arts (LOVE THIS STUFF)
Inka Gold- Gold & Blue - Viva
Dazzles Double Stick Leaf Stickers & Butterfly Stickers - Hot Off the Press
Dabber Paints - Aqua, Lemonade, Hazelnut - Ranger
Copic Markers - YR65, E15
Micrifine Glitter - Grasshopper, Blush - Glitter Ritz
Stencils - The Crafters Workshop and Dylusions
Peachy Orange CS, White CS



6 comments:

Katy said...

This is very pretty! I love how your butterfly turned out! :)

Brenda said...

Gorgeous!!!

Gerlinde said...

Beautiful! I especially like the background - very artsy!

Julie Z said...

Great "save" Barbara! It's a very neat look for your "mistake"!!

Donna Ellis said...

So pretty! I love the look of gold on cards. You've once again hit the creation limits with the choice of elements on your card!

E. Marie said...

Barbara, this is lovely. Would never know there were any problems.