Sunday, October 5, 2014

Bliss

Hi Everyone,
I have just returned from a week in Florida, attending the Collins Show, taking classes, doing M&T's at the show for Craft-Dee BowZ and having a fun time at Disney. The show was wonderful and I met so many great store owners from all over the U.S.I even ran into a few owners that I knew. Took a class from Tim Holtz and it was really a great class. Show & Tell  with my class projects will be next week. This week I have a few posts already scheduled and Craft-Dee BowZ is having a fun Blog Hop coming up Thursday and Friday. I need to get my blog hop project finished. The theme will be Halloween, that's always a fun theme to work with.Please try to join us for a fun blog hop.

When I packed for my trip, I decided to work on a few Zentangle tiles since it's been so long since I have tangled anything.So I took along tiles and my micron pen to work on something on the trip down. On the flight down, I worked on a tile just to shake off the cob webs. I sat next to a lady from Lebanon, Laura, who asked about the project. As we chatted she mentioned that she and her husband were flying back on the same day as I was and we had all reserved the same seats for the return trip.

Waiting in the airport for the return trip, I made Laura a tile for a gift. (Sorry I didn't think to take a pic). Laura was so surprised and loved the tile. We chatted all the way back and she was going to pick up a Zentangle book and try her hand at it.

Since I was in the Zentangle mood I decided to do another tile and color it with the new Pan Pastels I received while I was away.

Here is my newest Zentangle tile:



I matted it with a few different colors of card stock added a simple sentiment and wella..........


The sentiment was stamped using VersaMark and I covered the ink with an orange pearlescent Pan Pastel color. Yummy. I also used other pearlescent colors on this tangled piece.

SUPPLIES USED ON MY PROJECT
Stamps:  My Sentiments Exactly -YT575 True Friends
Paper/Card Stock
: Pink, Yellow, Purple, White, DP
Ink:VersaMark
Dies Used: Heartfelt Creations Posy Patch HCD701
Accessories:Rhinestone, Pan Pastels, Corner Punch, Flower Punch

I am entering my project in the following challenges:


Hope you have a great week and mark your calendar for the Craft-Dee BowZ blog hop It will start at 10:00 P.M. Wednwsday Oct. 8. Hope you will join us.





10 comments:

StampNScrapJunkie said...

I cannot thank you enough for playing along with my Dream Team and me on the launch of our new ATG challenge blog!

About your Zentangling! Ha! I never thought I'd say something like that! I love the colors you've used and what a free-spirit type of art to work with! I am somewhat intimidated by it but maybe I'll do as Laura and buy myself a book and give it a go as well. You've inspired me and isn't that what crafting is all about? xx

Again, thanks for joining us for our current ATG challenge. Hope to see you again and good luck!
Ema
Inspiration Destination - Owner

Donna Maligno said...

Came out great with the Pan Pastels!

Shona Erlenborn said...

Fantastic Barbara! Love the Zentangling with the added Pan Pastels. Thanks for sharing the story of Laura - what fun to find a new friend over crafting!

Anonymous said...

What a fun surprise to see you at the show! Great chatting with you! Hope to see you soon! Hugs, Angela

Susan Hogan said...

Stunning - love your tangle. Thanks for sharing this with us at Crafting with Dragonflies.

Melanie Smith said...

Way cool! I love it! Thank you for playing along with us over at Through the Craft Room Door! We really appreciate you stopping by. Melanie, DT

Caz said...

This is lovely, thank you for sharing with us at Anything goes with a twist..Good luck.

Caz x AGWT DT

Meggi Bischoff said...

Oh, what a very beautiful card!

Thanks for playing with us the first challenge of Inspiration Destination!

Good Luck and I hope see you again!

Gr. Meggi DT.

TRACEY MO said...

Great card using zengtangle

Thanks for joining us at inspiration destination

Tracey CT

Sandra said...

this is beautiful Barbara!!
love the colors and I like the add of the PanPastel!!
Thanks for joining the TTCRD challenges.
Hugs,Sandra