Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Merry Christmas

Hi Everyone,

Well, today is the 1st Tuesday of the month and that means it's my turn to post at Craft-Dee BowZ. This month's theme is Christmas/Holidays.

Here is the card I made for this month's theme.

My Santa stamp is so old but my most favorite Santa stamp ever. I added stickers for the ornaments, the sentiment and the pine bough. For the background panel I used a sheet of paper that depicts images of Santa. Those images are about the size of a postage stamp. I used vellum to tone that paper down since I wanted my stamped Santa to be the focal point.

I glittered the ornaments and colored the pine bough with an alcohol marker.

The bow is a multi loop green sheer organza ribbon. I love working with that type of ribbon. It makes the best bows.

Here is a closer view of the bow.

Reminder - Please set aside a few minutes to join us in out blog hop. The hop starts tomorrow nite at 10:00 p.m. ET and ends Saturday at noon.

Leaving a comment at the Craft-Dee BowZ and on the design team members individual posts will make you eligible to win the prize of the Craft-Dee BowZ tool.

Hope to see you at the hop.

SUPPLIES USED ON MY PROJECT
Stamps:  Old stamp of Santa - No longer available 
Paper/Card Stock
: Red CS, Vellum, DP
Ink: Distress Inks - Vintage Photo
Dies Used: Peace - Poppy Stamps Die
Accessories
Ribbon, Glitter, Quickie Glue Pen, Outline Stickers, Spectrum Noir markers, Craft-Dee BowZ  tool, dimensional foam

I am submitting my card to the following challenges:

Thanks for stopping in, see you soon



15 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful! My favorite Santa too!

Shona Erlenborn said...

Love how you used the vellum to soften the background for your Santa. That ribbon is gorgeous!

Verna Angerhofer said...

What a beautiful card design. I just love the color of the ribbon you used too! As always, an amazing work of art!

NickScrapShack said...

Very pretty! Love the vellum and the ribbon is fantastic!

Thank you for joining us at Crafty Catz this week! Good luck! Hope to see you back soon.
Nick

Lee aka Violent Kittie said...

That is a fabulous Santa stamp. Maybe I can find one on ebay. Your card is vintagey gorgeous and Santa is definitely the focal point. But I wish you hadn't put the countdown of the shopping days I have left until Christmas. Now I am sad. :) Thanks for joining us at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

Barbara Godden said...

What an awesome choice of stamps (I used it too) it's my Favourite too. Beautiful job on the card. Love it. thanks for playing along with us at the sisterhood of snarky stampers for the vintage challenge

Mynn xx said...

Barbara, this is totally stunning! I have been looking over your blog and I adore all your cards! Your bows are perfect and your stamping is flawless! I would love to have you to come and join the blog hop over at House of Cards. We have prizes and I'd love to see what you create with our photo inspiration! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 205 - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for December - I'd love to see it there too. x

Unknown said...

beautiful thank you so mutch for sharing with us at sister act
hugs Tonnie DT

Lindsey said...

Beautiful card! I love that Santa stamp. Such pretty embellishments, too. Thanks for joining the fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

Donna said...

That is one of my favourite all time Santa images! Fab vintage Christmas card! Thanks for joining the sisterhood of snarky stampers for our V is for Vintage challenge!!

Chris Dring said...

Beautiful card! Love that Santa image and what a gorgeous bow! Thanks for joining us at the Sisterhood od Snarky Stampers!

Pamellia said...

Beautiful Barbara, Love your big loopy bow, that sheer ribbon is gorgeous! Wonderful vintage Santa image, such a fabulous contrast to your metallic bits! Love it! hugs :)

Aurelia Aurora said...

stunning... love the colour and vintage nuance from the santa.. thank you for playing along with us at Art by Mi Ran Challenge #20... Good luck ;)

hugs,
~RoRa

Joey said...

Truly stunning, the santa is gorgeous and I adore the ribbon bow, thanks for joining us at art by mi ran. Joey x