Saturday, July 15, 2017

A Friend is someone

Hello Blog Friends

I am so surprised it's already mid-summer (as always, the time is slipping by). The flowers are blooming and it's been really warm in my area.

And in this heat, the weeds are growing, too. You know, when it's snowing, those darned weeds still grow at least in my yard they do. What a battle they pose. I guess it could be worse, we could have no flowers or any vegetation at all. OK, that might be called the desert and I'm not sure I would like that. LOL

Well since we're talking about flowers, I thought I'd share with you a card I made for Lil Patch Of Crafty Friends. Their newest challenge (challenge #62) starts today and will go on til Fri, July 14. You have plenty of time to submit an entry and the theme is always Anything Goes. And the sponsor for the challenge is Bugaboo.

Here is my card

Love this sentiment and the doodled flowers are so pretty

This image was so much fun to color 
and I decided to pop those larger blooms up just to add some dimension.



 The DP behind the image is really a piece of my Gelli Plate artwork. I made a bunch of these a while back and have them ready when the right project needs a background. I have loads in all color combos just waiting for the perfect project.

My bow is a simple bow - loops that are stair-stepped and a piece of ribbon wrapping around the center, for the knot. I used grosgrain and it was perfect for this card.
 Grosgrain usually is too thick to make a traditional bow,
but it worked great for this type of a bow on my card. 
I wanted a skinny bow on the side of the card and thought this ribbon as the perfect size.

SUPPLIES I USED ON MY PROJECT
Stamps:  digital - Bugaboo - Friend Flower Doodles
Paper/Card Stock
: Light Blue CS, White CS
Ink: None
AccessoriesRibbon, Dimensional foam, Spectrum Noir - Various Colors, My handmade Gelli Plate papers from my stash, Craft-Dee BowZ tool


I am submitting my card in the following challenges:

I hope you liked my project. Don't forget to link a project in the current challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends. And the theme is always Anything Goes. Thanks so much for stopping by today and I’ll see you soon!


18 comments:

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at MTTC, good luck!!! Amy DT

Wendy L said...

Wonderful card, great image, thanks for joining us at Craft Rocket, xxx

Angie said...

Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Jo’s Funday Friday Challenge . Good luck with your entry.
Angie - DT

Shona Erlenborn said...

Very fun card Barb. Love the sentiment and the popped up flowers. Beautiful colors and you did find the perfect colors in your Gelli print paper. Super bow too!

Karou said...

waouh je suis fan de ta carte elle est magnifique. Merci de ta participation sur Scrappers Delights

nancy dempsey said...

So pretty and summery!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wonderful pretty card design and that sentiment is really awesome too.

samanthadesigns said...

Beautiful card. The textiles really add the right pop to the card! Love it!

Megan J said...

Hi Barbara, a gorgeous card, love the bright paper from your gelli plate makes and the flowers look great popped up like that. Have a wonderful week... Megan DT teamie

Anila Dikay said...

Lovely card with beautiful doodled blooms and a great sentiment!
Thank you for joining us at Craft Rocket challenge this month.
Anila DT

Laura Volpes said...

I love how you added extra touches to this card! Thanks for playing with us in the Friday Funday Challenge!
Have a nice day,
Laura

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card!! Love the sentiment. Good Luck with your entry. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Calendar Challenge!
DT - Crafty Calendar Challenge
Creative Paper Boutique

BożenA said...

Beautiful card
Thank you for joining us at CWAA.
BożenA DT

Beebeebabs said...

Beautiful work thanks for sharing!!!

Diane Louise J said...

Hello Thanks for sharing your card with us at Crafty Friends Challenge Blog… your card is lovely, has a gorgeous sentiment and fits perfectly with our ‘’Floral’ challenge theme… hope you can join us next time and good luck in the draw.

Diane Louise
[Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

Glittertastic said...

This made me smile – what a fab sentiment! Thanks for playing along with our challenge at Simply Papercraft

Sharon (Glittertastic)
DT Member

Unknown said...

What a great card. Thanks for joining our Polkadoodles Paper Crafting Challenge, hugs, Carol DT

Keen Crafter's Hand Made Goodies said...

Gorgeous work Thanks for joining us in our Anything Goes challenge at Polkadoodles
Michelle DT