Saturday, November 11, 2017

Merry Christmas

Welcome back everyone,

I made this card about a month ago and it has sat on my table,
patiently waiting for me to share this with you. LOL

Last month I received a stamp set from MayMay Made it and it is the cutest set and I loved the wreath stamp in this set. I love all the stamps in this set but that wreath really caught my eye. (Its that twiggy looking stamp in the lower left of the set.) This set is called Happy Fall Y'all

Well, I want to share the simple card I made using that stamp.


What a cool card this turned out to be. I love the simplicity of this card.

Let me show you a closer view of that wreath



This stamp is a half of a wreath and is designed to stamp the image 2 times, once on the top half and then stamp again for the bottom half, connecting to the top half when you stamp it the 2nd time. This will make a wreath or circle if you will. There are branches that shoot out which gives you the ability to fill in the wreath with leaves to make a summer wreath or a fall wreath, depending on the color of ink you use on the leaves.

Well, I wanted to make my winter wreath to look like a grapevine wreath with berries.So to achieve my look, I stamped the wreath half in the north or top position. Next, stamped it in the south or the bottom position. I used green ink for both stampings. Next, I reinked the stamp in brown and placed the stamp on the left side of the wreath stamping over the green and reinked again one more time in brown and stamped it one last time on the right side of the wreath. This made a fuller wreath. Next, I stamped those red berries using red ink. Those berries are included in this stamp set. In fact, there are a lot of stamps in this set. Check it out.

I think this card is simple yet elegant. I also stamped those berries on the red CS but they are pretty faint so they don't show up in the picture.

The Merry Christmas is cut using an Elizabeth Crafts die. I cut it out using glitter paper.

Well, I hope you've enjoyed my project today.

I'm submitting my card in the following challenges:
I will be back soon.

9 comments:

Angie said...

Wonderful make. Thanks for joining us at Jo’s Funday Friday Challenge.
Angie DT

Angie said...

Gorgeous make, thanks for joining us for the Polkadoodles Blog Challenge.
Angie DT

Shona Erlenborn said...

That is a fun image to play with Barbara. Love the overstamping to give it a fuller look. Very versatile stamp indeed.

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love your beautiful wreath design. This is a gorgeous Christmas card.

Deepti Aggarwal said...

This is so beautiful..

Bev said...

A beautiful CAS design. Thanks so much for sharing your creativity with us at Polkadoodles

samanthadesigns said...

This is a lovely card. Thank you for joining us at Creative Fingers Challenge. -Samantha(DT)

Judy McKay said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Great design. Thank you for joining us at the Polkadoodles Crafting Challenge Helen DT